About the Australian Institute of Conveyancers NSW Division
The Australian Institute of Conveyancers NSW Division (AICNSW) is the peak body representing conveyancers in New South Wales.
Conveyancers in NSW either conduct their own business or are employed in conveyancing businesses or in legal practices, conducting the conveyancing transactions of that business. Conveyancers are licensed by the Office of Fair Trading after satisfactory completion of an approved course of study and on completion of practical training requirements.
AICNSW provides information and support to its members by providing facilities to complete ongoing education requirements. This includes information on legislation changes and procedural matters together with general educational information in order to keep all members up to date and across all matters that would affect the day to day carriage of a conveyancing transaction.
AICNSW conducts a Professional Development Program including a series of seminars, Regional educational days, webinars and an annual conference. This program is open to members and non-members alike.
The Institute is consulted by Government Departments, educational entities and other related industry bodies for information and assistance.
The main purpose of the Institute is to:
- Promote and improve the conveyancing profession,
- Represent conveyancers and their views,
- Promote the study of conveyancing, and
- Encourage honourable conduct and best practices.
Some of the activities of AICNSW include:
- Lobbying Government and related bodies to improve and amend legislation,
- The provision of educational seminars and programs,
- The active promotion of the profession and conveyancing generally,
- The provision of tools to enable members to increase their competence and professional standards.
The primary governance body of AICNSW is the elected Council.
Council members are elected at the Annual General Meeting each year for a term of 2 years.
AICNSW Council Members:
All Time Conveyancing
Smart Choice Conveyancing
C J Conveyancing